6.30.2008

We're Back!

There's so much to update everyone on as a lot happened during our week off! Let me start by saying that iDoOriginals.com is back open starting today and boy do we have a lot of catching up to do! As anticipated our inbox is overflowing with e-mails and order requests so please be patient with us as we are responding to all e-mails and orders as quickly as possible!

Okay... so where do I begin, let's start with my sister's 2nd wedding shower and the bachelorette party- so fun! Everything at the shower was so beautiful. A big thank you to all my sister's bridesmaids for helping to host the shower with me- you all did a great job! Below is Kelly with her "shower hosts" (bridesmaids) from left to right: Mandy, Melissa, Kelly, me, Jess, & Jen (Jenna, you were missed!)
For the shower decorI used the same items that I created for her first shower (the parasol, banner, and table runner) as the key decor elements. They blended beautifully with the flowers and really helped to highlight key areas within the room. For the little details, I decided to "tie" everything together with the same pretty green ribbon that matches the bridesmaids dresses. The menu card was my favorite- I did a vellum overlay with a picture of my favorite baby photo of my sister... too cute! The favors were fun too- I ordered simple black umbrella's and created a sticker label to say "May all your showers be as special as you have made Kelly's today."

For my shower gift I ordered a whole set of towels off of my sister's registry and created two towel cakes out of them. This was my first time ever making towel cakes and I love how they turned out! I also created a slideshow with pictures of Kelly & her fiance growing up and then of them as a couple- it played in the background on a loop throughout the whole shower.

After the shower we helped unload all the goodies at my parents house and then went to my house to get ready for the big night ahead of us... and boy was it! We dressed Kelly up in an adorable little outfit- I especially love the Bride-to-Be sash that we ordered from ExclusivelySew.com. The purple boa made for some cute pictures too.
After the wild night we headed back to my place for a slumber party. The next morning it was off to the beach with my hubby and our friends to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. I'll do a separate post on that in a bit... stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. I want a talented creative sister like you to help me with my wedding! Can I adopt you?! :)