It was a huge honor to be able to be asked to provide some advice for brides in this month's issue of Bella Magazine. If you're not able to get your hands on a copy, here are the highlights featured in the article:
What are your top five favorite wedding color schemes:
(1) Navy & Pink
(2) Purple & Champagne
(3) Gold & Ivory
(4) Turquoise & Red
(5) Yellow & Charcoal
Five things every bride should know:
(1) Let your ceremony and reception reflect who you are as individuals and as a couple
(2) Make sure your fiance has a part in the planning. It's his day too!
(3) When working with vendors, make sure to get everything in writing. It makes things a lot easier on both the bride and the vendor to have a written agreement in which to refer.
(4) Be original! Think outside the box to create a truly unique affair.
(5) Have fun and enjoy every moment!
Top three things you have to have at a wedding:
(1) Something personalized! Exceptional weddings are those that are a true reflection of the bride and groom
(2) A bride and groom that exude happiness and love. When the bride & groom are enjoying themselves, everyone is sure to have a great time.
(3) A room full of friends, family, and loved ones.
Top three dont's for a wedding:
(1) Don't have an unrealistic expectation of perfection. When you come across a little bump in the road, ask yourself "is this really going to ruin my wedding day?" Keep in mind the main purpose of the day is the celebration of love between two people.
(2) Don't let your reception planning overshadow your ceremony planning. The ceremony is what it's about after all.
(3) Don't forget to take it all in and have fun!
What do you think? I'd love to hear some of your tips and advice! Leave a comment and let me know what your number one wedding tip would be...