12.21.2008

Some Yummy Goodness!

Add ImagePhoto from BryanElie's photostream on Flickr

Want to know a secret? I'm a horrible cook and I'm even worse at baking (shh don't tell!) So with all the cookie exchanges that the holiday season brings I automatically go directly to my "go-to" cookie recipe. Rather than begrudgingly facing a long ingredient list, fretting over the oven temperature, and setting the timer, Chow Mein Noodle Cookies are my answer... and not only are they insanely easy, they're absolutely delicious!

I challenge anyone to produce a cookie recipe with less ingredients! Only two (well three if you want to add in some lightly salted peanuts)! And, these look fun and are always a big hit. Ready for the recipe? Have at it!

Chow Mein Noodle Cookies

12 oz. Chocolate or butterscotch chips (I always use butterscotch but they're pictured with chocolate above)

12 oz. Chow Mein Noodles

1 cup lightly salted peanuts (optional)

(Use approximately equal parts of any chocolate or chip and the noodles. Just add the noodles little by little until all are liberally coated)

Melt the chocolate/butterscotch morsels in a double boiler OR in the microwave. Add chow mein noodles into the melted chocolate and gently stir to coat them all. Drop spoonfulls on to wax paper and let them cool.

Tah-dah! Enjoy :)

No comments: