9.18.2008

Kelly + Jim: Honoring Loved Ones Passed...

My sister was so thoughtful when it came to honoring those in our family who have passed, particularly our three grandmothers. In the top left picture, Kelly is tying a ring from our Nana to her bouquet. Our Nana left Kelly this ring when she passed as it's garnets, Kelly's birthstone, so it's very special to her.

The second picture in the top row is the actual handkerchief that my dad's mother carried on her wedding day. It was embroidered with her initials and wedding date and my aunt then embroidered Kelly's initials and wedding date below. Kelly carried this down the aisle with her.

The top right picture is showing my mom sewing a ring from her mother under Kelly's dress.

All are very subtle thoughtful ways to honor a loved one passed. What did you do or what do you plan to do to honor loved ones?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sweet. what a special handkercheif! i had a locket with my gradfather's picture in it that i tied to my bouquet. like your sister it was just a simple subtle way to have him with me when i walked down the aisle...