7.19.2008

OOT Bags

Most of the time there are a lot of guests traveling from different parts of the country to attend your wedding. So it's super thoughtful to have out-of-town bags waiting for your guests when they check into their hotel. We've been to a lot of weddings lately and here are my top 5 things that I appreciate receiving in an out-of-town bag:

5) Advil/Tylenol packets (these come in handy the day after the wedding!)
4) FOOD!- I'm always hungry by the time I end up getting to the hotel so I appreciate little snackies (okay, a lot of snackies!) and a few bottles of water
3) City Info- maybe a little history of the city, fun things to do in the area, good restaurants, etc.
2) Wedding Info- a timeline, directions, etc.
1) A welcome letter from the Bride and Groom- a nice personal touch

I especially love when couples theme their OOT bags based on the city or state their getting married in. For some fun ideas on how to incorporate your city or state check out My Favorite City Gifts They have pre-made baskets like the one shown above as well as individual items that you can include in your bags.

2 comments:

Polka Dot Bride said...

That is SUCH a gorgeous bag! I love OOt bags~

Anonymous said...

I will be having a lot of OOT. I wanted to do some kind of "bag" never thought about advil or tylenol. I'm sure most people will need it after the 5 hour bar